CM System Approaches
- Existing programming language + musical data structures
and operations (Common Music, OpenMusic, MIDI PASCAL, ...)
- Embedding musical data structures and operations
in universal programming language (SALIERI)
- Extending native music representation with
pogramming capabilities (Elody, MAX)
Design Goals / Features
- Adequacy - support straight-forward realisation
of a broad range of musical applications.
- Consistency, Minimality
- keep system and language lean and easy-to-learn.
- Flexibility, Extensibility
- allow easy extension and customisation.
© hh; last update 1998/09/22